I have had the best of intentions for getting back onto this blog and updating about how Experiment #1 went! I have had those intentions for almost three weeks! Life with littles, right?
Okay, so I noticed at the end of the experiment that I was significantly calmer and actually patient with my children. All of them. Even the one that normally grabs a hold of my last nerve and tries to rip it into a gazillion pieces before the day is over. I was not yelling (half as much), I swore a lot less, and I was becoming a bit more proficient at writing with my left hand. My husband noticed a big difference, which is a bit ironic... because towards the end of the two week experiment I was cool as a cucumber - and he was losing his marbles over every single thing. I'm all, "Honey, don't yell at them. I've worked so hard to not yell at them. Please stop yelling at them." I advised him to do the two week challenge. I am thinking he must have, because he is much more level-headed now.
We hosted Thanksgiving this year. But... exactly 10 days before Thanksgiving we decided that we wanted to rip some walls in the kitchen in half. And, so we did, well... we started to. The biggest one that was being converted to a half wall was ripped down, but we didn't have time to make it aesthetically pleasing before turkey day. So, hubster slapped down a piece of wood from out in the shed on top of the half wall and we called it a day. THEN, we ripped cabinets off of two walls, and relocated them to another wall... five days before Thanksgiving. Listen... I feel as if we are do or die people. Well, I am. When I get something into my head, I'm all gung ho "get 'er done!" After almost 20 years of loving me the hubs has stopped fighting this. Even though there's a hole in our ceiling in the kitchen and in the walls around the half wall, and there was a slew of drywall mud up, and wallpaper half-ripped down, and missing flooring (from underneath where the cabinets were)... everyone had a good time, they all said they really like the direction our kitchen is headed in, and nobody needed to sue us or our home owner's insurance company for an accident - or plaster in their food. I'm calling it a win.
I just finished my fourth class at Walden, I have nine more classes until I graduate with a bachelor degree. Yesterday started my fifth class, and thankfully - thus far - it is far easier than I anticipated it would be. I have half of this week's assignments done, and half of the reading done and it's only day 2 of class.
No comments:
Post a Comment